Monday, April 8, 2013

Oops Should Have Posted This in January


I Don’t Have Time For That……

Now that I am over 50 a New Year takes on an additional meaning for me.  It is not only a time to reflect on the past year and make resolutions and promises to do better in the New Year, it is also a time for me to do some arithmetic.  How many more years do I have to live out my dreams?  How many more years do I have to make a difference?  These arithmetic word problems are the ones I find myself struggling to answer at the dawn of a New Year.   Because I know that if I am lucky, I have another 24 or so years left on this earth, (the average life expectancy of a woman in the US is roughly 80).  As the clock strikes midnight I am overwhelmed with a sense of urgency to get into action before its too late.
  
Getting connected to this reality helps me quickly get to what’s important and what doesn’t really matter or more to the point, what I don’t have time for.   I am ruthless around my priorities and have become quite comfortable with saying no to people or events that do not advance the achievement of my priorities.   Now that I am over 50 my time is too precious to spend a moment in frivolous activities or being unhappy.

My priorities  for 2013 are:

1.     Increase financial fitness by saving more and spending less.
2.     Increase physical fitness by eating healthy and exercising.
3.     Increase emotional and mental fitness by positive self- talk and fearless pursuit of my dreams.
4.     Increase human fitness by making a difference for at least one person each day.

What are your priorities for 2013?

Until next time, Be Fierce and Fabulous.

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment