Monday, April 8, 2013

What Makes Me Beautiful


I believe that I am more beautiful now than ever before because I totally embrace myself as I am.  My life with all of its ups and downs is a tremendous gift that I am so grateful for.  I am no longer in the pursuit of a perfect life but living a life that is joyful, grateful and dedicated to making a difference for others.  Whatever I want my life to be, I have the power to make it happen - knowing that creates a beautiful feeling of inner peace that radiates out to the world.

My beauty is also reflected in my relationships and my work (paid and volunteer).  I have an incredible loving husband of 24 years and a beautiful daughter who is a junior in college.  Eight years ago I quit my job in the financial services industry and launched a new career as a consultant and executive coach, helping leaders in nonprofit organizations maximize their potential.  Last year on my 56th birthday, I created Fierce and Fabulous Over 50 a blog and networking group for women over 50.  Recently I launched a project with two friends also dedicated to supporting women called The Life You Want Now.  I serve as a Advisory Board Member for the Darfur Rehabilitation Project an organization dedicated to bringing peace between the various ethnic groups in Darfur and Word of Life International, the largest food pantry in the Bronx, New York.  Through SEEDS I also mentor a high school senior through the college application process.   My beauty is reflected in all lives of those I have touched and hopefully transformed and to me that is no better reflection of my beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment